CCEU Approval in Progress
eLearning and the Human Element:
Why Coaches are MORE Important in Digital Training Spaces
This session provides a relevant overview of eLearning trends while focusing on hybrid digital training models—ones that match the cutting-edge advantages of eLearning with the human expertise of certified coaches. The session will include a 3-part overview of:1. What is elearning and what does it look like?
2. Where is elearning going and what trends do I need to be aware of?
3. Why are coaches more important in the digital training space?
Attendees will walk away from this session with:
- the confidence to discuss eLearning and the impacts it can have
- some background and discussion points for eLearning trends and cutting-edge digital learning such as gamification, mobile learning, just in time training, and more
- models for how coaches "can make eLearning initiatives more effective," with examples and templates for how those models work in real training environments
Presenter: As the President & Founder of Reify Media, Sarah Glova studies trends in active learning, instructional design, user experience, instructional technology, and web development, working to ensure that her company’s deliverables are cutting edge and user friendly. She also manages the digital media projects at Reify Media, including video production.
Prior to founding Reify Media, Sarah taught professional and technical writing courses to undergraduates, managed video and e-learning projects for the university, and co-authored 101 Ways to FLIP Your Online Class.
Sarah is a doctoral candidate with the Instructional Technology program at North Carolina State University and the current President of the National Association of Women Business Owners’ Greater Raleigh Chapter. She’s spoken internationally about topics ranging from education and instructional design to instructional technology, web and social media trends, entrepreneurship, and open-source technology and applications.
To learn more about Sarah's work, check out her website.