WORKSHOP CANCELLED DUE TO CONCERNS OF SPREADING
The workshop will be rescheduled for a future date
CCEUs: 4 Core Competencies
Expanding Diversity Practices for Socially Conscious Coaches
Friday, March 13
1:00 - 5:00 pm
What does it take to step beyond the culture of privilege that coaching was born from? How do we evolve our practices and our profession to fully meet the vast range of human expression we find in our clients? And what aspects of this evolution are we being called to live into by the ICF Code of Ethics? As coaches, we speak regularly of coaching as holding the potential to transform our global community, yet so often the lens through which we view this transformation is limited by our own biases and perceptions. To serve our clients fully, we must step beyond our individual perceptions to meet the diverse complexities hat make them uniquely human!
Join Barton Cutter, Tracy Jenkins, and Susan Westbrook as they take you on a Journey to explore where and how your unconscious biases and perceptions interface with the coaching you offer and the clients you serve. Together, they will stretch the lens of how you approach your practice to evoke a greater range in those you impact!
In this half-day workshop, you will:
- Gain a deeper awareness of how unconscious bias impacts you, your coaching, and your clients in EVERY session
- Expand the edges of your comfort zone to bring deeper trust & intimacy to a broader spectrum of humanity
- Honor a fuller range of your client’s unique expression and craft powerful question to illuminate the core of your client’s identity
- Deepen your coaching presence amidst challenging differences
- Clarify when your principle beliefs undermine the client’s best interest and address this ethically
- Leverage the new ICF Code of Ethics and Competencies to deepen conversations around identity!
About the Facilitators: Barton Cutter, Tracy Jenkins, and Susan Westbrook
Barton Cutter, PCC, CPCC
A disruptor by nature, Barton’s irreverent wit cuts directly to the heart of any issue while illuminating spaciousness within paradox. He is an ICF Credentialed Professional Certified Coach, a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, inclusion expert, Healer and meditation teacher, and international speaker. He provides powerful change agents, organizations, and teams the essential tools to capitalize on inherent wholeness within human systems. His field expertise includes:
- 35,000 hours of training in meditation and sensory-expanding awareness skills.
- 20 years of leading experiential training in self-defense, sensory clarity, & minimizing cognitive bias.
- Five extraordinary years of serving as Accessibility Consultant at CTI.
- A lifetime of cultivating inclusion through disrupting cognitive bias around perceived limitations.
The owner of Cutter's Edge Consulting and Barton Cutter Coaching, Barton weaves together this rich background to offer leadership development coaching, training, and consulting to organizations and private clients globally.
Tracy Jenkins, PhD, PCC, XCC
Through the development of conscious leadership, Tracy works with executive leaders to help them recognize their unique ability to increase their sphere of influence and drive authentic engagement. With a Ph.D. in Educational Research and Policy Analysis, Tracy is an ICF Credentialed Professional Certified Coach and Executive Certified Coach who utilizes a strengths-based approach to help those she works with recognize their value and effectively communicate this to others. Her field expertise includes:
- Serving as Sr. Learning and OD Consultant role with UNC Health Care
- Excellence in training and development & clinical research for GlaxoSmithKline
- Spearheading cutting edge leadership to North Carolina’s coaching industry as the current Past President and Program Chair of the International Coach Federation – Raleigh Charter Chapter
Through working with her, leaders develop skills to take bold action towards achieving personal, team and corporate goals with integrity and responsibility. Her clients come from diverse backgrounds including executives in financial, health care, sales management, non-profit and academic organizations in the area of professional and personal transitions.
Susan Westbrook, PhD, XCC
Centered in supporting full expression, and working from the mantra “It doesn't have to be this way,” Susan Westbrook has spent 40-plus years creating transcendent systems in schools and secular organizations. Rarely a follower, Susan has dedicated her life to investigating and shifting traditional systems to better match the people they serve as she...
- Crafted alternative classroom programs for students and teachers as an Assistant Professor of Science Education at North Carolina State University
- Forged an inclusive school environment for at-risk students as the Co-Founder and Developer of Community Partners Charter High School, Holly Spring, NC
- Stretched her understanding of bias and inclusion while living and working as a chef in France
- Explored the edges of consciousness and expression as a Reiki Master and author of The Five Tibetans Yoga Workshop: Tone Your Body and Transform Your Mind and the forthcoming Who’s Coaching Michelangelo?: Taking Your Clients Beyond Pain Points and Problem Solving and into the Full Expression of Their Genius
A “gifted life coach, mentor, teacher, and lighthouse,” Susan is a CTI-trained coach, and a graduate of the Assenter Executive Coaches Certification and Lucid Living's Great Story Breakthrough Coaching program. She considers herself a “movement doula” and champions her clients as they courageously journey from where they are to where they long to be. Recently Susan has turned her visionary focus toward coaches and the coaching profession as the current Programs Chair of ICF-Raleigh (NC) Area Chapter.
Light Refreshments will be served.
Thomas G. Crowder Woodland Center
5611 Jaguar Park Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
Free Parking is available onsite.
REGISTRATION FEES: (payment required at time of registration)
1. Members – $50
2. Affiliates – $55
3. Partners (ATD-RTA & TODN) – $60*
4. Guests – $70
5. Board Members – $25
*Contact your organization's administrator to obtain this year's partner code.
Please contact us if you are interested in facilitating a program or have questions about events.