DISCOVER Questions Get You Connected for High-Value Coaching with Deb Calvert
July 7, 2023 |
CCEUs- 1.5 Core Competencies
Better questions = Better coaching! Participants will expand their repertoire of questions and learn additional purposes for asking questions that stimulate reflection, promote self-discovery, and accelerate client awareness about their own priorities, goals, perceptions, and options.
Research reveals that there are 8 purposes for asking questions. Most of us routinely rely on just 4 of these purposes, but coaches who use all 8 strengthen relationships and accelerate client awareness and growth. Learn the 8 purposes in the acronym DISCOVER and how to enhance your coaching engagements by using a variety of all 8.
During this highly interactive workshop, participants will craft and share questions. Deb will prepare a question set based on the group’s contributions. This lasting tool will reinforce the training and benefit all members of the ICF-RAC long-term.
Participants will use DISCOVER Questions to:
1. Quickly understand and facilitate self-discovery about what the client values most and why.
2. Master question types that help clients visualize or better understand their own desired outcomes and goals.
3. Evoke new ways of looking at a situation and thinking about solutions by moving beyond standardized coaching questions and formulaic responses to “meet the client where they are”.
Speaker: Deb Calvert
In your organization: Do people struggle when it comes to collaboration or communication? Are your employee turnover rates too high and your engagement rates too low... leading to issues with productivity, customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and profitability? Do you struggle to set, keep, and communicate clear priorities that unify members of your team? Maybe it's time to look at your people practices. To strengthen internal and external relationships, employer brand, and full-circle engagement, it may be time to take a good, hard look at the interactions and practices of your people.
Deb Calvert is the President and Founder of People First Productivity Solutions, an organization founded that focuses on the people parts of business, including:
● Coaching for Executives, Managers & Sales Teams
● Leadership Development for Leaders at Every Level
● Training for Managers and Supervisors
● Consulting on Team Effectiveness, Collaboration, Productivity, and People Practices
● Employment Engagement, Communication, Soft Skills, and Critical Thinking
Deb is the recipient of numerous awards in sales and the published author of highly rated sales and marketing books.